Communication with the Board of Education
The Ankeny Board of Education values your opinion and input. There are several ways to communicate with your school board members.
Contact information for individual board members is listed on the Meet the School Board page of this website. Board members generally include mail, e-mail and phone information. You can also e-mail the school board and superintendent as a whole.
Board Meeting Communication
You can also communicate with the board at their public meetings. There are two avenues available to you as outlined in board policy 213.00, Public Participation in Board Meetings:
- Come to a board meeting and fill in a communication card. Cards will be collected prior to the meeting and you will be given an opportunity address the board at a pre-determined point in the agenda. Please note: Due to Iowa Open Meetings Law, the board will not be able to take any action on your comments.
- Place your topic on the board agenda in advance and then address the board. To place your topic on the agenda, please contact:
Ankeny Community School District
P.O. Box 189
Ankeny, Iowa 50021
To be included on an agenda, requests must reach the Superintendent by noon the previous Friday. Requests should include:
- Phone number
- Organization represented
- Any other pertinent background information.
- Call to Order
- Communication from the Public
- Approval of the Consent Agenda
- Open enrollment applications
- Travel/Transportation/Facility Requests
- Old Business
- New Business
- Reports & Discussion Items
- Board Reports
- Superintendent's Report